Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

100th Blog Post! Coconut Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


Well hello dear friends, and welcome to my 100th blog post!  Although I've been at this for a while now, it's significant to note that this year the traffic on my blog has increased significantly, I've had more and more interest in my custom cookie-for-hire projects, and I've really upped my cookie and dessert game. Thank you for taking time out of your busy days to read my silly little blog.  I hope you've found something on here that you love to make, and I hope you keep on reading.  I will certainly keep on writing (and baking!)

Today I whipped up a twist on an old staple for a Birthday celebration for an adorable 1 year old stud muffin named Cameron (Joe's cousin). I love me some oatmeal raisin cookies, but I don't like blogging about the same cookies over and over so I decided to mix it up a bit and add some coconut into the mix.  I tweaked the base recipe a bit to accommodate the extra yumminess.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
2.5 cups quick cooking oatmeal
1 cup raisins
1 cup coconut



First off, mix together your sugars, softened butter and shortening, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.  Then add in all of the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the outs, flour, raisins and coconut....


Finally, add in your last four ingredients, and mix until Just combined, don't over mix.  Then it's on to the cookie sheet.....

 

And into the oven at 375 for 9 minutes.  Make sure to leave these on the cookie sheet for a good 5 minutes before attempting to move them.  They are VERY soft right at of the oven.


Ta-Da!  I actually love these.  The coconut adds a little extra sweetness and texture to these classic cookies.  Definitely give them a shot!


Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment