Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Monday, December 26, 2011

Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate Chip and Confetti Sugar Cookies


I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas yesterday!  As a part of my big cookie platters this year, I took 2 ideas away from the huge Food Blogger Cookie Swap round ups: Confetti Cookies which I did a bit differently but used the some basic concept (so pretty!) and Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies which are just as ridiculously wonderful as they sound!

For the confetti cookies, I decided to use my own basic Sugar cookie recipe (I like sticking to the tried and true) and add in the confetti sprinkles.  I then decorated them as I normally would rolled sugar cookies, although I will definitely try them as sandwich cookies at some point.  Yum.


I really love the concept of these cookies, they are so so pretty and festive. 



I used the same pink/red (really it was pink) frosting and a few white decorating sprinkles to come up with these cute little guys.  They were my Cousin Steve's favorite.



Next up I worked on the oreo-Stuffed chocolate chip cookies. 


These bad boys were ENORMOUS.


Haha, I think I maybe put a little too much dough around the outside of the oreos....but hey, who doesn't love a giant cookie?

I didn't bite into any of them because I only got about 14 out of the batch.  But you can sneak a peak at an oreo here:

Yum.

Stay tuned this week for a full recipe for MY favorite cookie from this years Christmas platter: The Coffee snap.  Happy shopping to those who are braving the malls today.... I will be plopped in front of the fireplace for the duration.

Happy Baking!

2 comments:

  1. Oreo stuffed were definitely my favorite!!! Great job and thanks for sharing!!
    ps
    feel free to make these for New Years! HAHAHA
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies? I think I am in cookie heaven! They must have been delicious!

    ReplyDelete